Thursday, April 17, 2008

Vampires, Vampires, And More Vampires


So if you didn't quite understand from the title. I LOVE VAMPIRES. Yummy Yum. So I have found myself recently in readers heaven with all the new Vampire Romance book series that have been coming out. Some of my favs so far have been the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward. , The Argeneau books by Lynsay Sands, The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris (though this is more in the mystery genre), and The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. I am sure I am forgetting someone here and will come back to them in a later blog but... here goes.

I will start off with the Stephanie Meyer Series.
My introduction to the Stephanie Meyer Series came accidentally. I was at the grocery store and the book cover caught my eye. Me being a graphic designer and of course into dark imagery was drawn to the black cover and pale arms holding a red delicious looking apple. I thought, Hmmm wonder what that's about. So I read the description on the back and thought, I'll give it a shot and then forward it on to my niece who's in the age range the book series is written for. Well my poor niece never got it from me and I was hooked. WOW. I just fell in love with the characters. Bella Swan so much like myself at that age, and yet stronger than me somehow. Finding herself not only falling for a vampire but growing as a character and evolving as a person. Stephanie Meyer has done a wonderful job with this series. I feel like I have been growing with this girl, reliving some of the painful moments of being a teenager but also finding myself complete outside of her realm of realtiy because of course, I never met any vampires as a teen. (Much to my dissapointment I assure you)

The second of the series New Moon, was not my favorite of the 3 currently out. I was slightly dissapointed in Jacob's character. But then I guess a lot of that had to do with my not being able to relate to a whiney teenaged boy.

The third in the series has been my absolute favorite. Eclipse. Whew... I felt like my heart would leap out of my throat at times. I read the book in 1 day. (Which is not unsual for me) And then re-read it again about a month later and had the same reaction. Just the highs, and lows and the ultimate sort of cliff hanger at the end! WOW.

Now I am awaiting the 4the and final book with fear and high anticipation.
I will tell you why. It's Harry Potter all over again. It's not wanting the series to end, and fearing being dissapointed in the book, getting my own ideas, opinions, and hopes up and not wanting to end up feeling like it didn't live up to my expectations. (Which Harry Potter did live up and I was quite happy with the series end.) But it's also like waiting for a long lost relative or friend to come visit. Your so excited they are coming you just can't wait to see them so they can tell you their stories, and what they have been doing since you left them last.

I have SEVERAL books coming up here soon that I am just salivating waiting for them to come so that I can snuggle with my doggies on the couch and lose myself in another world.
I will write more about them later.

For now I leave you with this BREAKING DAWN WILL RELEASE ON AUGUST 2, 2008!!!
And you know where I will be!

No comments: